Local hypermarketing is all about targeting specific geographic communities. Geo-location data has had great innovations that can help your marketing immensely if you take the right approach.
Local marketing is now inherently associated with both mobile and social platforms. Potential and existing customers routinely look for businesses in these platforms and they expect businesses to be available.
Here are some tips for local hypermarketing your brand in 2019:
- Local search is inherently mobile. We’ve known for a few years now that people are using search engines more on mobile than desktop. The majority of local searches are done through mobile as well so you want your page to be responsive and load quickly. It’s an absolute necessity in this day and age.
- Many searches for brick and mortar businesses will result in an actual visit. Therefore, make it easy for customers by including directions and a photo of the front of the business from the street on your website. A “click to call” button is also advisable to make it streamlined for them to ask you any questions.
- Pay attention and monitor the ranking factors for local search, which include: local data, engagement, and traditional SEO such as inbound links and title tags on webpages. Make a plan for how you can improve your ranking.
- On your website, include tags and meta-descriptions that are specific to your city or region. Of course, include industry-specific ones as well.
- Use personalization to build unique connections with customers. It helps to tailor your marketing efforts to individual customers. This earns you loyalty. Personalization is about marketing your content to your unique audience – whomever is most likely to engage and buy from your brand. Unique landing pages are an example. Another example of personalization is to have further product recommendations pop up on a page based on their browsing history.
- Start a blog on your website and post about local topics that are relevant to your audience. Just be sure to include the appropriate tags for each post and update your blog regularly.
- Take advantage of geofence technology to target ads to people close to your business (via the gps location of their mobile device).
- Run a mobile paid search campaign.
- Run a pay-per-click (PPC) campaign. Be sure to use target keywords that are specific to your industry and business. This helps your campaign to deliver more leads and sales.
- Track data and pay attention to analytics – especially when it comes to ad campaigns, social, web traffic, etc. By analyzing regularly, you can update your marketing strategy to improve it.
- Make sure your business is listed on Foursquare and Facebook Places so customers can check-in and show their friends and family that they’re at your business.
- Have a response strategy online. Monitor the reviews that pop up about your business. Respond to any comments online. It’s critical to maintain a consistent, friendly, and professional tone while responding on social media or in emails and reviews. Be sure to respond to both Yelp and Google reviews and thank people. While bad reviews can be daunting, don’t ignore them. Instead, respond in a helpful and professional manner.
- It can be beneficial to feature online reviews on your website if you have good ratings and some stellar highlights from reviews.
- Encourage people to leave reviews and follow you on social media by including these buttons on your website.
- Consider providing online coupons through your website or third-party apps that specialize in location-based places or coupons.
- Submit your information to local directories, both online and print publications.
- Build up links by collaborating with other local businesses or influencer bloggers.
- Make sure all your social media accounts are optimized for local customers. Include any contact or important business information.
- Start a contest on social media to reward and engage customers. Alternatively, try an incentive based program such as rewarding customers who sign up for your newsletter or leave an online review.
- Reach out to potential customers on social media by following them or joining discussions. This will help to increase brand awareness as well.
Use these local hypermarketing tips to get to the next level in your local brand awareness! If you want to check your website’s current search engine visibility, get Intrix’s Free Web Audit now!